Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

too hot only sweat, too cold can fall sick and die

The prof in one of my module said something interesting today. About the designing of systems for buildings, he said something must cater to the heating requirement. And somehow he explained that it is because if its hot, people can feel uncomfortable and at most sweat but if its too cold, people might fall sick and die.

Its interesting because it reminds me of one of the days in my primary school, one of my teacher also said something similar. I remember it was in the morning and some of my classmates were complaining that its too cold and ask the teacher to switch off the fan. The teacher asked the class and some others complaint that it will be too hot if the fan is off.

The teacher then asked who wants the fan off and a few put up their hands. Then she asked who wants the fans on and a few others put up their hands.

Then she said, we should turn off the fan because its ok if we feel abit hot. But for those who feel cold, they can fall sick if we keep the fan on. That explains why she asked us to switch off the fan.

I dont know why but for some reason this scene is actually stucked in my head for so many years and i still remember some details of it.

Interesting huh.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment